Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blog reprise

OK...now I'm going to make a concerted effort to keep on top of this blog. I want to keep some sort of journal of my life to keep track of notes, process, interesting info, anything & everything. I'm processing so much information these days, I just feel like I need to maintain some sort of order.

I'm way deep in trying to incorporate a plan for social networking and word of mouth marketing for Automation Service. Yesterday I spent some time looking over the panel discussions at the recent sxsw interactive conference - man I wish I would have been there! Maybe next year.

So much great info to process - like how to manage successful community boards and this discussion with facebook's Dave Morin about a more social web. I also want to check out the podcast called "Tips on making ideas happen".

I am my own greatest enemy - my head incessantly spins with ideas, images, lists, fears, what-if's...it's really non-stop. While reading through all the sxsw info I linked to this blog post where I found my new favorite quote - I even added it to my facebook acct:

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert Heinlen

The quote made me feel better because sometimes I think it's really bad that I gather so much information instead of focusing on being good at one thing.

And Now I have a meeting with yet another printer....exhausting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment